Divorce Planning

Financially Planning for Divorce

If you and your spouse are going through a divorce or considering a divorce, it is important to adequately account and plan for the financial changes that are coming. It is all too easy to be blindsided by the unexpected costs of dividing a household. A divorce attorney may be able to help with the division of property and the establishment of support payments, but their financial acumen only goes so far. At Meyers Financial Services, Inc., our consultants specialize in helping families adjust to the financial changes associated with divorce.

Contact us today to get started!

The Financial Implications of Divorce

No matter how you look at it, divorce significantly changes your financial situation. In most cases, this includes a reduction in income and an increase in living expenses. One residence becomes two, and two-income families become one-income individuals. Without adjusting their standard of living, many families struggle to survive financially.

Divorce influences all of the following:

  • Retirement planning
  • Estate planning
  • Property holdings
  • College planning
  • Credit and liabilities

Talk to a Certified Divorce Financial Analyst (CDFA)

A Certified Divorce Financial Analyst (CDFA) can act as an advisor for your divorce attorney or as a mediator for you and your spouse. In addition to extensive knowledge relating to tax law and asset distribution, a CDFA also serves as a financial planner for those who must quickly adjust to a new financial situation.

If you're looking for a consultant that is a Certified Divorce Financial Analyst, look no further than Meyers Financial Services, Inc... We have experience and have helped countless clients throughout the bay area adjust to the financial changes of divorce. Whatever the circumstances of your own divorce, we will work with you to provide the best short-term and long-term solutions available.

To schedule an initial 60-minute complimentary meeting, call us today at (707) 935-1124.